Sunday, July 19, 2009

The first try on Diigo

To be honest, I am not a fan of new tech. When I find something really useful, I will be sticked on it. For example, I like Google. Eventhough everyday there are lots of advertisements about Bing, I will love Google.
Taking web 2.0 provides me lots of opportunities to try new stuff. I have started to use Flickr and Diigo.
In the promotion video, diigo's function is fully illustrated. It is a searching engine, online bookmark, highlight tool, experience sharing community, and social networking.
Hope it could facilitate my future online reading.

2 comments:

  1. Sophia - One thing that Diigo has helped me do is keep track of the blogs that I am visiting and commenting on. I will bookmark this page and add it to my list, "Week 4 Blogs." This allows me to keep track of my comments and quickly go through to see if anyone has responded.
    I think that Diigo can also help you take notes on what you read with the highlighting tool. This is not as useful in this course because we are not reading as many articles. I found out that people have to be part of your Diigo group in order to read the highlighted portions of your text.
    - Eirin

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, thanks Eirin.
    Thanks for the explanation.

    ReplyDelete